Over the course of eight weeks you will:
- explore the role of story in your own life
- have a chance to connect with a community of fellow writing explorers
- complete two longer writing assignments
- discover creative ways of tapping into memory, your senses and somatic (body) awareness.
- learn about the difference between journaling as a creative practice, and crafting your stories
- develop writing as contemplative practice
- Craft, draft and edit your stories
- Have an opportunity to read and share your writing with others on the course
“I have taken many online courses, and none compare to Clare’s Write Your Truth course. Clare’s experience, authenticity and guidance make writing not only effortless, but meaningful. The content in this course allowed me to realize that the stories I have within me, as well as the stories we all have within us, are endless. Clare showed me that my story was just waiting there, ready to be put into words, and when I leaned into that, it just flowed onto the page. The Write Your Truth course didn’t only give me guidance on how to be a better writer, it taught me how to connect with my truth and trust myself enough to say what I wished to say. I am forever grateful for everything I learned and continue to learn from Clare and this course.” – Anna Gannon, New York, 2018.
This course is for you if:
- Curious about writing memoir, creative non-fiction or personal story
- Want to explore engaging ways to craft your own personal narratives
- Seeking space and time to discover your writing voice through personal reflection and writing practice
- Interested in using writing as a tool to connect with your inner wisdom, purpose and intuition
- Can commit a minimum two hours a week to your writing practice (so you get value from the course)
The course content has three parts:
- Story and the senses: accessing stories through your senses and body memory (weeks 1-3)
- Story mapping: exploring the layers of stories in your life (weeks 4-6)
- The craft of story: learning to draft, craft and fine-tune your writing (weeks 7-8)
The writing assignments
The programme includes lots of short writing exercises, and you will be invited to complete two longer writing pieces of 1000, then 2000 words (due in week four and week eight). These assignments will be reviewed by Clare and you will have a chance to share with the rest of the circle in the live circles.
The live calls
During the course we will have SIX live calls in which you will have a chance to read some of your writing and listen to others. The live calls bring the course material alive and are your chance to ask questions, share insights and integrate learning.
Each week includes.
- Intro video explaining the theme of the week
- Two timed writing practices (by video, between 10 – 20 mins each)
- Weekly readings, meditations and poetry for inspiration
- Private online forum discussion.
At the end of the course you will receive a full reading list and resources for on going exploration, and an opportunity to stay in touch with your writing cohort.
This course is an investment in your writing, your story, your creative process. To honour your investment you’ll need to carve at least two hours a week for this process.
Fresh content is shared on Saturday and Wednesday of each week.
Our Writing Circle Live:
4.30- 5.45pm Irish Time ( 5.30-5pm CET)
- Sat March 2nd (opening circle)
- Sat March 9th
- Sat March 23rd (writing assignment one)
- Sat April 6th
- Sat April 13 (shared writing assignment two- first draft)
- Sat April 20th (writing assignment two- final, and closing circle)
‘If you want to change the world, change the story’- Joseph Campbell
‘To follow Story is to understand the path of healing. Each of our stories is a universe. Each one of us is living a story. To discover its shape and essence is essential to soul making’. – Deena Metzger
Course Fee, including 6 live writing circle calls
Clare is thorough, mindful and highly skilled when welcoming you into her course. Therefore from the start as a non-writer I felt safe, deeply heard and enthusiastically encouraged each time I shared my writing in the group. I was moved by the courage of the participants and the wonder of us humans so longing to be understood, Clare holds space for that magic to happen with great ease and fun… All the course material is available after the course is finished too.- Camilla Grieshsel, Ireland.
How much time will it take?
I recommend setting aside about 2 hours per week. If you choose to join the live calls also, you’ll need an additional 90mins on those weeks (four calls in total). Of course, this programme is designed to catalyse your writing, so some weeks you may want to spend longer diving into your stories… that’s all up to you.
What if I can’t make the live calls?
Live calls will be recorded and shared, so you will be able to look back on them. During these calls I will not be sharing fresh content but will be hosting reading circles. All the main content will be in the shared videos.
How do I sign up?
Registration and payment is via the Ruzuku learning platform. Payment is made via Stripe. Payment is in Euros.
Do I need to share my writing or read aloud?
No, not at all. But at certain points it will be encouraged. You only share what you want to share.
How much personal feedback will I receive?
There will be a chance for personal feedback on the live calls. We work in the spirit of encouragement and praise, highlighting what is ‘popping’ in your piece. Kindness and compassion are our two of our grounding virtues. Additional one to one coaching will be available to participants at a special rate.
How long will I have access to the materials?
You’ll be able to access all the material on the Ruzuku site. The live forum will remain open for a few weeks after the course.
I don’t consider myself a writer. Is this course for me?
We all learners here, and writing is a practice. This is for beginners and more ‘advanced’ writers, as much it is about sharing tools and practices, is also about creating a safe, encouraging writing circle
I have taken your in-person ‘Write to Your Truth’ workshop with you before. How will this different?
We will be covering some similiar content, but over a longer period, so you’ll be able to review, edit, craft and develop your skill in more details. There will also be additional readings, more time on the ‘life-mapping’ component, and a fresh community.
How do I access the course materials?
Course materials are accessed via an online private learning platform
What is your refund policy?
Once you sign up, refunds are not available, so I encourage you to get in touch in advance if you have any questions about the course. Please consider if you can make time available each week for you to benefit from the materials.